Gloria Block, a founding partner, began her legal career under the tutelage of her father, Arnold Block, a distinguished member of the Illinois Bar.
She quickly established her trial skills and soon learned that her love for law related to families. She then gravitated to family law. Although her expertise includes all areas of family law, she has a unique passion for matters concerning children. As a result, she has dedicated a substantial part of her professional practice to cases relating to custody and visitation.
Over the years, because of her established skills in dealing with children, she has come to be known as a vigorous advocate for children by Judges, lawyers, and mental health professionals who are intimately involved in legal proceedings involving custody and visitation cases. Because of her reputation and expertise, she is often appointed by Judges, and agreed upon by attorneys, to participate in the most difficult custody and visitation cases. Her stated goal is always to protect the best interests of children.
Prior to establishing Hoffenberg & Block, Ms. Block was a principal in the law firm of Block and Block for over 30 years. She received her law degree from LoyolaUniversity in June 1980 and holds a B.A. Degree from NorthwesternUniversity. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Decalogue of Society of Lawyers, and Forensic Forum. Ms. Block is admitted to practice to the Illinois State Bar, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Block has presented at numerous professional seminars and has been a guest speaker on various topics related to family law.
Ms. Block has the honored distinction as a recipient of the Illinois Super Lawyer designation. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Ms. Block’s practice is dedicated exclusively to Domestic Relations. She is married and has two wonderful children, ages 22 and 25.
- Loyola University Law School, J.D. Degree – June 1980
- Northwestern University, B.A. Degree – June 1977
- Illinois State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Decalogue of Society of Lawyers
- 2015-2016 Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section Council
Awards and Honors
- Illinois Super Lawyer
- Top Law Firms in Chicago
- Leading Lawyer
- Approved Child Representative; Guardian Ad Litem
- Attorney for Child, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- Presenter at Matrimonial Committee of the Third Municipal District
- Presenter at Illinois Bar Association Seminar program Complex Issues in Family Law Seminar – “Bankruptcy and Divorce-Essential Tools
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s Divorce Boot Camp
- AFCC Child Custody Panel Expert
- Seminar Chairperson IICLE Family Law Institute